Saturday, April 22, 2023

 The totem 

Borrowed my soul
 Just for a little while 
 It said
    It was a real quandary but
Nonetheless I persevered 
   I stumbled into a bar and
Ordered a Mai-tai
  Which was denied 
Beer or well drinks
So I had a gin and tonic
   Would help protect against malaria
In the southern climes 
   I went to to the bathroom to wash my face
But when I looked in the mirror I didn't recognize myself
Funny I thought how not having a soul changes one's face
  I looked like Tyrone Power I think that's 
Who it was
   I went back to my drink and downed it in one gulp
I'll have another but this time try to put some gin in it
  I poured it stiff he protested
Huh my apologies 
My soulless self seems to take alcohol like water
 The glass arrived this time in a pint sized decanter
  I sipped it
Still nothing 
Okay that's better I said and left a large tip