Saturday, May 11, 2024

 I can't remember much these days

I used to have it all together. I did. Shit was there when I needed it. Now it's just a blank. I didn't need to write nuthin down. I stored it in my brain. But not no more. 
Even writing it down doesn't help. What did I write down and where is it? What was it?
I was born in 1937 at Gracie Hospital. Or so they told me. I don't remember it but who does? I got a newspaper my ma kept from the day I was born. The Star Tribune. A convict tried to escape on a visit to the same hospital from the State Penitentiary. A three time loser tried to overthrow his guard and got shot down by the same guard in the lobby of the hospital. The cover had a picture of the planter where the guard and the convict had fought. The plants didn't look too good. All mashed and crushed. 
I think they'll be alright though. Plants are pretty resilient.
I worry about my son Jason. He's a good guy but since Janey left he hasn't been the same. I'm not sure about his friends. They seem like drunk losers. All they want to do is party get drunk and fuck around. In my day there weren't hardly any time for that. You had to work and work hard and it was good. I'm not sure what's going on.