Friday, May 24, 2024

 After Korea 

I started writing to deal with the stress I'd encountered blasting Commies. I'd killed maybe a hundred and I couldn't stop reliving the encounters. But my writing came out weird and seemingly unrelated to what I was dealing with or the experiences I'd had. I can't  explain it. Maybe I was trying to just not deal with it. Does therapy help or is it just more reliving of the shit you're trying to get away from? Beats me but it felt good to just write and not think about the blood and death.

 I registered
   regurgitated

   the cracks
of consequence in a yellow balloon dream
    Steam streamed
on a sidewalk in Kalamazoo 
Michigan
Or the 51st company
  It was late
I thought steak and fries 
sounded good
I walked out
The neighbor's dog was loose again
He had to pee