Monday, August 24, 2026

 I tried

but little success
I guess poetry wasn't in the cards for me
Maybe I didn't work hard enough at it
To understand it 
sometimes I'd get it, mostly
spoken word or the New Yorker lol
Weird dichotomy but heh
I used to go to poetry readings
It was usually the same cast of characters every week
They all seemed like they were on anti depressant medications or should have been
Vampyre Mike was cool
He had a backpack with room temperature malt liquor tall boys 
Dominique Lowell was passionate and a junkie 
Rafael was a former Franco youth poet/anarchist crazy drug fiend
Sparrow 13, Julia Vinograd, Bucky Sinister and others I can't remember their names right now. 
Every Thursday at a spot on Guerrero and 22nd? with aluminum
Siding walls and bleacher stands seating
Cafe Babar 
The Babarians 
Occasionally Dawn and I would provide musical interludes. We'd do songs like Wish You Were Beer, Satans Your Buddy, Too Much Shit, and Truckload of Art. 
Dawn and I would sometimes sit at the kitchen table at home and get drunk and try to write songs. Sometimes successfully sometimes nope.