Wednesday, September 16, 2026

 Living w the ghosts of poetry

I really don't know anything about poetry
(true confession)
most of it I can't understand or not gonna bother with
Sorry great poets :!
Christopher Smart ( was he kookoo? I think so)
That one about the sea creatures/ it goes on and on
 and the one about his cat Geoffrey- pretty good
The Drunken Boat - Rimbaud?
   What's with Native American reference - Indians!
 Leaves of Grass 
   Classic - which he changed like umpteen times - couldn't leave well enough alone-
Auden, Elliot, and whatshisname sorry couldn't do it
I lack certain tenaciousness verbosity
Ahem
Jabberwocky - fuck yeah
Two Roads Diverged by an old white New Englander
Dickerson- gloomy New England spinster rides the horses heads thru eternity
Baudelaire? Balderdash
Gloom and doom most of these guys need a good shot to the gut (kidding)
Rilke?
I wish I wasn't such an a-hole