Sunday, November 13, 2005

back in sf

I arrived in SF last Tuesday and my initial reaction could be summed up by a phrase that I heard on at least two different occassions from Bruno, the notorious owner of the Persian Aub Zam Zam bar in the Haight. "San Francisco is a dirty little town."
After being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people walking on the streets of nyc perhaps riding the bus down Market street and being disgusted by the percentage of viewable folks who were either indigent, drunk, wasted, mentally incapacitated or all of the above (I felt like I was in a Dorothea Lange photograph circa depression years or maybe Diane Arbus)was not a fair comparison.
ah well san francisco still rocks and I have no real complaints. Now I just have to find a job. oy vey.
A friend suggested doing extra work on movie and tv shows. They pay $70 for an eight hour day. Yeah, that'll cover my bills. They're filming Monk in the city this week and that's a show that I think it would be ok to be an extra on.
My friend says it's "not the kind of work you do for the money". I guess sitting around bored for hours watching people set up equipment is something you have to really love.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:11 PM

    Hello c herine magma Im looking for sites with information about frisco carpet cleaning and found your site. Even though back in sf is different than what i was looking for I found it intresting i see why your blog got my attention when i was looking for frisco carpet cleaning related blogs I am glad I stopped by even though its not a perfect match Great Post! I enjoyed it Great Read! I have a Carpet Cleaning Company with a pretty good website frisco carpet cleaning it has some good information on on carpet stains and pet odor if you ever need some advice on those things.
    Thanks again
    Sterling Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Hi c herine magma...Wow! While I was searching for info on canadian wood working I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for canadian wood working. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about canadian wood working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Hey c herine magma, amazing blog... i really enjoyed reading about your dirty little town!! while doing reseach on the mentally incapacitated, i ran accross your site and it really got my attention!! i enjoyed it!! i thought to myself, this person might be interested in and/or need advice on felatio performed by mentally incapacitated people. you should really check out this site www.retardblowjobs.com for all you ever wanted to know about this extremely fun and profitable business. You can make up to $500/day and work from home! Anyhoo, Great Blog!! thank-you and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Hi there c herine magma, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on easy wood working project I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for easy wood working project. Should the need ever arise where you need information on easy wood working project then drop by for a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Hi c herine magma...Wow! While I was searching for info on wood working blue print I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working blue print. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wood working blue print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

    ReplyDelete