Sunday, April 24, 2016

I came from the white world
            snow covered donuts
                    and lima beans
                                    culberwurst  
                          and sneakers -
                                the knees of my jeans
                               were either blown out
or on their way

there was no conflict
it was all conflict
   - not the jeans
 we drove foreign cars
   Datsun, Volkswagen, Peugeot
      we did have a 1965 chevrolet fleet side
            when we moved to the country of
                 cattle farmers -  ranchers

I pitched, played first base
        first year of high school I was a catcher
      Steve Dickinson had a sick dropball
it would fall off the table
   - but I was skinny, bookish, and stoned
                   listened to Dark Star
                         reason tatters
and read The Basketball Diaries

...