Saturday, March 18, 2017




down the manhole ladder
the smell of cold air 
rushing out 
reminding of an old building from somewhere in the past
Alice adjusted the toolbelt and shone her headlamp into the darkness
a flash 
a flurry and quickly
 a scurry 
what bright eyes you have 
 a ten foot bunny 
with a satchel of money 
 "I've robbed the First National, 
now off to buy carrots.
Carrots, carrots,
LOTS of carrots!"
Alice got on her phone to the office 
to report the situation
and then thought the better of it 
'I've a job to do and 
I'll do it well.
No need to talk or 
to tell."
She followed instructions 
to a "T"
in the tunnel and accordingly went left 
'One half kilometer
or is it a mile
darn it I've lost my state of thought,
ah here it is."
the electrical panel was clearly misused
the metal door was broken and abused.
'Now who could have done such a lowly thing?'
she gave it a tap
and it gave a ring
the wires were all in such disarray
"I might need to be here
' least half a day."