Wednesday, December 27, 2017

the mirror
 stood its path
by the phone call
from the olive oil man
  I got locked out twice
 there's something so dry
about the air out there

there were no reindeer
   but the horses stood and watched me
  I snickered to get their attention
 poor dirty horses
shy and curious

a man pulled up in a jeep on Christmas morning
while I was smoking
  "My friend is having a seizure. He's by the side of the road. I have no signal."
I called 911
 they transferred me
   I drove up to where the young man was
laying on the ground with a blanket
a bicyclist and his friend were helping him
 the fire truck arrived in about five minutes
with the ambulance right behind it
  "If you electrocute me I'll kill you."
said the man who was seizing up on the ground
to the fireman

It was kind of hazy out that day
It was a spare the air day