Saturday, July 25, 2026

 I didn't
have a heart
or I did
years ago
                 somewhere along the way
it got tossed
             Not a choice really
    just how do you say 
circumcision
I mean circumstances
Imagine waking up w no dick
Well yeah that's that
 for that
    Roses are blue 
    Violets are red
                When you read this
                      You'll fall down dead
Thank Sister Superball 
for that
       and many other things
like "secret sales"
we won't get into that right now 
But it was a big part of my childhood
Hoof in mouth disease was another 
Leaving Cheyenne we were never the same
Dad worked at the Radiation lab
And I think his brain 
began to glow green
Mom didn't know how to take it
and disappeared into a worried elementary school music teacher driving a Datsun 510 filled with boxes
to Portola Valley three days a week
That was only town wealthy enough to hire her 
Or she knew something about the Chief Administrator
Some days the cowboy brethren gathered round 
and pulled Copenhagen from the circled back pockets
of their Lee jeans and put a pinch between cheek 
and gum and spit regularly
They liked to threaten small long hair kids 
with Sheep shears or worse
maybe NAIR on a Saturday night