Saturday, September 05, 2026

 I traveled a little

Spent two and a half months in Europe
pretty much dirt poor with a Eurail pass
nights sleeping on overnight train trips
berths too hot or cold
families eating sandwiches and laughing 
old fat men smoking cigarettes and burping
we started in Amsterdam 
We went to the Damrak and saw the ladies seated in the window
Ready for business
Then we went to Hamburg to see a friend of my GF's performance. He was kind a of a big deal. We sat in the theater with hundreds of others watching rehearsals. It was some strange performance about some Admiral years ago. Lots of movement lights strange shaped boats and stuff. I took pictures but most came out kind of blurry.
We took a boat trip down the Rhine River and spent one night in a castle. Pretty cool. There were a bunch of castles on the Rhine. I think they charged merchants to pass but I'm guessing. 
We went to Koln and saw the giant cathedral that survived  WWII. Then we took a train to Switzerland. Pretty nice with beautiful mountains and lakes and stuff. Lots of dairy cows with giant bells around their necks.