Monday, October 17, 2011

The man who put advertising on the moon

We focused laser imaging from simultaneous satellites,adapted the technology to scheduled satellites and using 24 hour solar energy and multiple satellites we generated sufficient electromagnetic radiation, a fancy word for light, through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of photons to umm, well, shine images on the moon. The technology itself was not groundbreaking just the application. Well, it caused quite a ruckus. Coca-Cola quickly bowed out due to a planet wide groundswell of hatred toward this most blatant commercialization of the beloved Luna. We were hit with multiple lawsuits and the international fervor threatened to cause a world war. My photo was on the cover of Time, Newsweek, Wired, and many, many other publications with the title of the most hated man on the planet. It was impossible to go anywhere. I never thought people would care but when that green Mountain Dew logo was beaming down from the night time sky people went batty!
Needless to say I was forced into hiding and became a ruined man. My wife left me, children disowned me. No one would have anything to do with me. But, really, I have to say I thought it was pretty cool. NASA put a man on the Moon but I put the biggest Coca-Cola logo ever, right on the moon. We even showed films. My favorite was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. On the moon! Who are those guys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment