Thursday, March 22, 2012

pa ding
pa dingo
pachinko padma
I'm lost in the desert
of my soul
eating Popeye's chicken
and
carrying a copy of The New Yorker
new corker
porker
hoarder
pleasure palace padingo
I'm lost in the brevity of my soul
all levity has been dispersed
in Rye Manhattans
and the essence of
the bulwark
the encompassing
ensuing unequivocal
vocalized
prescient
malfour
don't berate me here
I'm not under the bough
under the horn of plenty drunk
I'm just feeling a little stressed out.
haha
but it's windy and I need new blinds
California
what is that?
the desert
of my mind
but the biscuits are good
is that the crux
San Crux
Las Cruxes
I'm Ovid-lating
Ovid latte-ing
banished to a rocky isle
a peninsula of fog
and WIND
ships horns at night like they're
coming in the BEDROOM window
fixed on high
and watching the smokers on the golf course
light their live work lofts
with hundred dollar pills
YES PILLS!!
and George Segal's
white figures are still behind
barbed wire
and the camera is still obscura
but no no never mind
it's beautiful
too much so sometimes

and another ship comes in
with CHINA
and another ship goes out
with COOKIES
yes cookies
great greasy god of goodness
am I still here?
in the levity of my sole
walking and
yalking
caulking my soul
lest the rain leak in
or OUT
I'm trying to relax here
but I'm not doing a very good job of it

some seagulls are flying overhead
nasty creatures mean birds
they got the hurried worried
but I like the way they ride the up draft off
the OCEAN BEACH break tide wall
where PEDRO insisted he didn't go to
but his bag was gone
somehow he pissed himself though
that much was obvious

somehow things don't matter so much
when the bonfire's burning
but ten o'clock is too early
to stop having a good time
everyone looking at me like I'm high on drugs or
something
"what have you been up to?"
The dessert of my SOUL
the Ben and Jerry's of my
solidified succotash
sarsaparilla and San Cruxes
the Yeti of my backsassing
Paul Newman
"the brownskinned indian
on the banks that were crowded and narrow"
the effigy
the burning effigy
in white plaster
bunkers
LOOKING out to sea
and taking photos
"where were you when you heard?"
Oh I'm just skydiving these days
pearl diving with Japanese women
in the hot summer sun

I think I'm gonna keep going but
I'm having visions of green beans
ever since I said succotash

there's an awful lot of sirens

now i'm JUST recording sensory stimuli
stimuleye
populeye chicken
Vox Populeye
and the great great greasy goodness great

can't be great enough
grak
greek
grimy
phone call from work
battery change out hours and
still hungry

still sucking on the tash

still worrying the worry
hurrying the hurry
taking pills to slow down my heart
and lower my pressure
like a steam cooker

BAM!

and the sun is shining virulently
and the sun has gone spiral
sinking in the sea