Sunday, July 14, 2013

PANORAMIC PHOTO IN AN ALMOST EMPTY AIRLINER/One

The flight out of Maui was empty. "Folks don't leave Hawai'i before Christmas." The flight attendant told me.
I couldn't wait to get out of there. A certain legal issue caused the local Maui authorities to act like a cackle of starving hyenas circling an aging wildebeest.
Also, I was told I could no longer charge drinks to my room.
My inner lawyers recommendation was succinct. "RUN!"
The woman at the desk said the next flight out was headed to Anchorage. I paid in cash and gave my name as Archibald Veriduke. I had poor old Archie's passport. I last saw him in Malawi a year ealier. Luckily he could be described as my doppelganger. If you were blind. Swapping out the photos helped as well.
The conference on intertidal analgesic medicinal cannabinoids turned out to be a total bust. Luckily only figuratively. A more appropriate appelation would have been the Patchouli Syndication of Invasive Species.
Anchorage in December. Is that better than being incarcerated on Hawai'i? Questions,questions. Or as old Archie would often say in his creaky french "Il ya beaucoup à considérer ici". Luckily I don't speak French.