Sunday, April 23, 2017

morning dream

swarms of wild parrots in the trees
  two horses in the water trying to get in the truck window
    trying to crush me - had to throw them off
      sitting at dinner trying to get wine
drinking from a tiny mouthed broken wine glass
My gramma is showing a nude photo of her
taken by scientologist
(one breast is much larger than the other (?))
"we could never show it to anyone"
"grampa was a scientologist - see his chin"
someone else- "how come these photos smell so bad?"
looking out the window and suddenly my moms house (which is way out in the country)
is surrounded by condos and apartment buildings
the closest being purple gray black
i think i'm hallucinating
"does anyone else see that?
  "what, do we live in Contra Costa County now?!"
"Pappy would say we would have to move immediately"
  Lisa says yeah but look at that building (Giant las vegas style hotel across the street)
don't tell me pappy hated everything he...
  Pappy's there and says to me yeah you're right about those houses we better call the Louisville police
smiling like it's all a big joke but he doesn't know where he is
 he grabs me by the neck too hard
   T and O were visiting and we were gonna play music
so I'm carrying my amp up the stairs (with one arm)
  getting ready to set up and O is saying he doesn't want to do this just once
and I'm like dude I've been trying to get this together for months
  and I look down the arroyo and there's a giant black smoke fire down in the valley
then I see the meteor headed right for our house
it goes right through the second story of the house
 leaves a giant hole and continues flying up the valley
i run down to try to put out the fire
  but minimal fire
tamping out stove burners with my sleeve
 and my mom is saying why did you make the yard so muddy
(water truck scene with horses)
"why didn't you use the reverse water switch?"
I'm upset
" I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A REVERSE WATER SWITCH!"