Sunday, December 17, 2023

 I think I'll buy a truck

And move to LA
Tired of hearing squeaky 
Kookaburra
Climbing up the old gum tree
   I'll live at Tioga Pass watching the stars
For a night or two 
Then maybe down to Bishop
"Don't try that in Bishop" 
   The CHP guy said 
And let us drive on
   I was going 60 in a 35 
A nice diner was all I cared about
    With fried chicken 
And pancakes w blackberry syrup and butter
And bacon
When I got to Bishop after driving ten hours
In the dark 
Morning had arisen
And I was driving 34 in a 35
We went to some giant discount grocery store
Before heading to Saline Valley
And hot springs
And the ghost of Charlie Manson
Hours earlier we'd gone thru Murphy and
I said there's a restaurant here and if anything goes
Wrong (which it will)
You get a free order of Murphy's Slaw