Sunday, January 14, 2024

 Peter Carini broke my camera

    I took a picture of him candidly
After that it wouldn't work
 He had he joined the Marines
  and was sent to Camp Pendleton
   And cried
  But he made it through
He could charm the pants off the ladies
He loved redheads
He had a studio apartment with his cats
On Laussat Street
I told him I had a paperback copy
Of The Basketball Diaries
Signed by Jim Carroll
He said oh and showed me a First Edition
Copy from the original publisher Bolinas Press
With notes from Jim Carroll
Thanking Peter for hanging out 
And how great it was to talk
To someone who really knew what was going
On with the Beats.
When the movie by Katzanzakis
Came out 
Peter could talk extensively about the book
But he wouldn't when a news crew came to the bookstore
So I was on the news 
So I said these people who are protesting 
Haven't even read the book or seen the movie
I hadn't either but whatever