Friday, April 19, 2024

 Sucking on 

   Walgreens nicotine lozenges
In my dark air conditioned cave hotel room
In Baja 
and drinking tequila
All the workers must think I'm nuts
Every time I walk out they're looking at their phones
while picking their nose
It's a "Boutique" hotel
It's very clean 
AC on Turbo! 
It's fucking hot out
I had an idea I'd change my name!
to... 
    Hugo DeNaranja? (Orange Juice) (it's so good down here)
-  at least the room is clean 
She folded my clothes
And lined up my toothpaste and sunblock
I told the maid she could clean
She's always smiling- for real
She seems so happy
Alejandra
  "Voy a somewhere"
She laughed 
  So I went out for breakfast (was it oatmeal?- at some point I was like I need healthy food!) and then waited in
line at the Turistica Aguila bus station
-crowded on a Friday am 
I like bus stations - it's been a while
Large woman with a tiny little boy 
(He's all go go go!)
In front of me -she's trying to manage both
 Boy started crawling behind the luggage counter
Mom grabbed his shirt and dragged him back
like a fat lion w a pesky cub
Meowrr!
Next woman had an array of 
xeroxes in a folder
I think ID photos 
Buying tickets for a group. 
Gal who helped me was very nice
and worked with me even though
no puedo entender nada
(my standard ice breaker phrase- yo soy Americano, no entiendo nada!) Lol