Monday, January 02, 2012

toward the back of the sea
he placed an empty
boldfaced lie
righting the ships
and calling for
a glass of vodka

on the wall was a poster
from a sale of
indistinguished variables
a meagre trove
of unknowns

call me call me she said
and he said I will!

back in the night by the wet
cobblestones
a man was sweeping the sidewalk
coughing and humming sadly

The car door closed with
a smack
I really shouldn't be driving
he said as he gunned it up the hill
across the city the sun was rising

baroom baroom
oh non self effacing
military ceremony
for the past
and the memory
of the past

revel now!
she sighed
I'm busted... I've got ashes in
my ears
my feet
... my feet
are tired
and my finger is bleeding
somehow
I don't know

let's ride to the beach and sing
songs of Jack Guthrie
and Oklahoma
and wear old pants
and behave generally much kinder
to people