Sunday, May 03, 2015

 I had no heart
so I squandered my money
on fruit roll ups
we embraced and then I sold the island
to a one eyed dwarf
named Nebula
I had no books in those days
I was free to move about
I was a serial monogamist
akin to serial murderer I guess
just another artist/bum living in the city
I wrote poetry and songs and made paintings
and in my laboratory I created a monster
then one day my mother said I had to get "a real job"
and as fate would have it I did
later I had a stroke
but survived almost intact
I had gone to the dentist for a crown
and they took my blood pressure and screamed
literally screamed
TWICE
"IT'S SO HIGH !"
shakespeare-
Trinculo
   My man-monster hath drown'd his tongue in sack:
for my part, the sea cannot drown me; I swam, ere I
could recover the shore, five and thirty leagues off
and on. By this light, thou shalt be my lieutenant,
monster, or my standard.
So I took the meds
and they took the wind right out of my sails
even to walk up stairs
seemed an inordinate effort
but as time went on I became used to it
and then my back gave out blah blah blah
but that too passed
time went on again
my fruit roll up days were long gone
I had no island
save my soul
I pressed the flesh no more
my lack of heart was no longer in it
I captured a fleet of drug dealers
off the eastern border
I took to my sanctuary
and watched the wind
and bought vintage post cards
on the internets
I bet on the stock markets
and would say -
and the fog is fighting to get in
from the sea