Saturday, July 04, 2015

Aditya went into the house. His mother and grandmother were in the kitchen cooking. The house smelled good. He was hungry.
"Aditya, did you bring the flour?"
Aditya had forgotten to stop at the store.
"I forgot."
"Aditya!"
"I'll go get it right now."
He ran out of the house.
'Shit.'
Aditya had completely forgotten his mother's request and had spent the money on a falooda. It was delicious.
He ran to his friend Daha's house.
"Daha" He shouted. "Daha"
The girl appeared at the window.
"What?"
He waved his arm for her to come down. She held up one finger.
A minute later she came around from the back of the house.
"What are you doing here?"
He told her what happened. How he spent the money on a falooda and now he had no money to buy the flour.
"Haha." She laughed.
Aditya got mad but he had to take it.
"Okay, I will lend it to you but you have to pay me back. Promise?"
"Yes."
"Yes what?"
"Yes I promise."
The girl ran back into the house and came out a minute later with a small purse.
"How much do you need? Flour costs sixty five at Gupta."
"Give me seventy just in case."
She tilted her head and then fished the money out of the purse.
"Here, now I have to go help my mother."
She turned and ran to the back of the house.
"Thank you Daha."
He shouted.
"Remember you have to pay it back."
He heard her shout from the back of the house.
Aditya knew the flour at Adhanyi was cheaper. He'd go there.
He took off running.