Wednesday, May 18, 2005

canape of fog

Ah yes cool, wet, San Francisco. It must be getting close to summer because it's getting colder out. Sometimes I think I should move out of this city. It seems like it creates a fog of a different nature, one that works its way into your head, whispering, this is the only place to live, all those other places, while they may be good, aren't San Francisco and don't you always feel better when you get back?
And I have to agree.
But there are those times, in the summer, when the whole of California, nay, the whole country(with the exception of a few kindred ecosystems like monterey), is basking in warmth, barbecuing in tight little shorts, swimming in cool bodies of water, while we in SF are up to our tits in fog, freezing our asses off as the wind whips through the city, rattling windows and creating sweatshirt sales at Fishermans Wharf, that I have to ask myself, hmmm, is 11 am too early for a beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment