Sunday, March 22, 2015

Santa Cruz
  was the same and yet not
we commented on the things
that we didn't recognize
  I enjoyed the boardwalk
    ate a burger
  drank a Foster's
 and then had a corn dog
     the roller coaster nearly did my back in
     took a picture of Dane in his orange pants and green sweater
surrounded by the mass of people
 and signs for popcorn
cotton candy 
     chocolate dipped bacon
thats a thing now
Cam took the dogs to a park instead
   afterwards I could barely walk
     fucked up my back on the roller coaster
 Then we went to the Saturn for Chocolate Madness
    but I had a beer and chips with a tiny little bowl of guacamole
Chef Tong's now long gone
   Szechuan food so spicy sweating and
drinking water
it was at the old bus depot
  later the earthquake ruined the garden mall
never was the same
  we drove by my dad's old house at 118 2nd ave
I yelled for Blanca Miller out the car window
 no sign of her
    just a fat old man on the next house's second story deck
 looking at us
I waved