Thursday, March 07, 2013

She couldn't remember her name
for all the faces were the same
lost in a gallery
posing for a while
I've read your book and it took all I had
I'm only a mountain that stares at the sea

I've lost the pen that you gave me
when we were alone by the bridge
you said I should work and find a new life
and then you married Marcel

And he was a poet
who took lots of drugs
your mother called me
to find out who he was
later I heard he jumped off a train

he thought the CIA were in the next car
I'm not sure if he landed well
but something tells me he's near San Bernardino

Your hair was red
but I'm not sure it was yours
the pictures you took
were all of yourself
and me with my eyes closed

We went to LA to see the sky
But the car broke down near a seafood restaurant
you ordered the lobster and a bottle of wine
and then we got back on the road

We visited my sister in Pacific Palisades
and it looked like the
house from Leave It to Beaver

my sister was June. June Cleaver
they seemed happy enough

when you went to Alaska
to live in a tent
and pack frozen fish
into bags you slept in a tent
and slept with some boys
when you came back
we were done